Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tues April 9 2013

Yesterday we spent the day driving to Tulsa for a doctor's appointment for me that lasted less than an hour.  All I can say is, the government is spending a lot of money on me to find out something they already have in the record.  On the bright side, my blood pressure was back down to "old normal", what it was before my heart attack, 112/78.  I think the absence of dealing with the stress of being around unethical people is making a difference in my health. 

 
Today I put up a display at the Watonga library to promote the Liquid Art evening this month. We have several reservations, a couple who said they want to come, and three empty spots as of today, Tuesday.  In addition to the library display, I sent out a few "request for donation" letters and hope to generate some money to fix up a building we are looking at in Watonga in which to put an art workshop and hold art classes ...
 
 
As you can see, it needs some work, but the  main room  inside is quite sufficient for an art workshop.  I won't say too much more about it except THANKS -- I am grateful for the businessman who is willing to let us use this space.  Once we get this opened, we can have art classes for children and adults here. I'm eager to get some youth interested in making art.   Remember ...
 
 
today is a windy day, with the sun coming out every now and then, but there is a chill in the air and the temperature isn't getting above 60 degrees. I had planned to rake up more leaves but decided not to fight the wind.  Last evening I was excited to see some carrots coming up at the garden, along with the cilantro and lettuces.  I've transplanted some arugula to give to a gardening friend who has never had it, but it will take a few days for the plant to recover from the shock of transplanting.  I am eager to hear what Gene thinks about arugula!!
 

No comments: