Monday, January 5, 2009

We are indeed in the middle of winter! Today the temperature was 25 degrees at sunrise, and the high isn't going to be warmer than around 33. But this past Saturday we had a sunny, warm day in the high 60's. Andy and I transplanted some crepe myrtles and flowering quince. I can't wait for things to start blooming!

I can't believe it's been an entire month since I last wrote an update. But it's been a busy month. Both Blake and Drew were here for Christmas and we had a nice holiday. With cold weather came several days of no work for Andy on the remodeling, but he's still made some progress. He's finished the tile work in the Texas bathroom (except for the final grouting) and did indeed install a "surprise" in the shower. You'll have to come visit us to see what it is! I've chosen wall paint colors for that room and we should be able to paint this week, then install the vanity and lighting. We have the granite for both the bathroom and the coffee bar, so that will be the next installation. Look for photos at my next post . . . .

No comments: