Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A BLANKET OF SNOW

Yesterday, Monday, we had an ice storm come down on us. We had a layer of ice on the car windshield within 30 minutes of getting to work. Even walking on the sidewalk was treacherous. We had no snow, so it was slow driving home on the ice. The temperature never got up higher than 20 degrees. This morning, the blanket of snow on the grounds was beautiful! The forecast is for continued precipitation today, but a warm-up to 36 degrees tomorrow and no more snow or ice. I am looking forward to 50 degree weather this weekend!


Andy is working on cleaning out the Texas room so that we can proceed with carpet and paint. He plans on texturing the walls this week, and I am ready to look for carpet. I would have gone to the carpet store yesterday had I been able to get out. So that is on the agenda for Wednesday. I've been told by an interior designer friend that I should pick out carpet first, then pick out the paint color.

Wed. 1/28/09 -- We still have snow on the ground, but the sun is out today and the temperature is supposed to get up to 36! I picked up some carpet samples to take home and get Andy's opinion on them. The carpet will have to be ordered, so that will take approx. two weeks. The carpet guy is coming out to the house this Friday to measure.

No comments: