Wednesday, January 14, 2009

STILL MAKING PROGRESS

The Texas bathroom is almost done. We are waiting for delivery of a custom shower door we ordered. The mural and paint look great, and I am very happy with the sconce lighting over the vanity. We don't have the vanity installed yet, but will probably get that in today or tomorrow. I am glad the holidays are over and we can get back to a normal schedule. Andy's dad was in town this week for his monthly visit, and as always, that takes Andy away from his work for a couple of days. While Andy is finishing up with the bathroom, I need to move some boxes out of the bedroom itself so that we can pull up carpet and paint the bedroom. We've finally set up a filing cabinet that I can transfer files into from the boxes, so I will work on that this week. We are expecting an arctic front to come down from the north this evening or overnight, so the next couple of days will be good for indoor work.

I will be in Coppell next Saturday, Jan. 24th, for the Annual Champagne & Chocolate Southern Living at Home Party at Mary Schueler's house. She was very gracious to offer to have the party on Saturday when I could be in town and hopefully see a lot of friends at the party -- kill two birds with one stone! For anyone who didn't get a written invitation and who reads this, you are certainly welcome to come by Mary's house on Saturday, between 3:00 and 5:00, if you want to come visit. I'll have some pictures of our project. But mainly I want to see friends and visit a little.

The weather is still cold here, but we haven't had any snow or ice lately. As long as there isn't wind and the sun is out, the cold temperatures aren't intolerable. But when the wind comes up, the cold is biting. I am so, so, looking forward to spring!

No comments: