Thursday, December 14, 2017

December 14, 2017

TODAY ANDY AND I ARE CELEBRATING OUR 37th ANNIVERSARY.   We are blessed and happy to be where we are in life.  Last night Sadie woke me up around 3:45 a.m., wanting to go outside. While I waited for her to finish her business, I was for some reason inspired to get out my journal and hand-write a poem: 

"Nobody gets out of here alive.
Good things happen in life - embrace and enjoy them.
Bad things happen - embrace them and learn from them.
Everyday is a test of how we will live our life and what we get out of it.
But nobody gets out of here alive." (c) Linda Barrett 12/2017

I thank Nathan Brown for spending time with me after his show on Monday night and inspiring me to write.  And I thank Dylan Stewart for his support and encouragement for me to pursue (and hopefully accomplish) one of the items on my bucket list, and his willingness to help make it happen.  His songwriting also inspires me to write.  All of the musicians who have come to our place to perform have left a piece of themselves here that I can think about when I get off track.  I can't list them all here, but they know who they are, from locals Katie Ballew-Lyle and Vernon Brickman  to TJ George from Columbus, Ohio and Caroline Cotter from Maine.  We've had quite a ride this past year, and it's not over yet!!
/Linda 

No comments: