Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday, Sunday

It's awfully hot today so I am staying in the house.  Yesterday I harvested some basil and made three jars of beautiful Pesto.  The plants are still healthy and thriving, so I should get to make another batch of Pesto next week.  We baked a loaf of French bread and ate the pesto as a spread on it.   In the last batch I added some chipotle seasoning to give it a kick.   Delicious!


This evening I'm going to plant my sweet potato slips.  I have some regular potatoes growing in the garden but they aren't quite ready to dig yet.  I'm encouraged after getting some fresh new potatoes from our friend Janet Edsall from her garden.  I cut them in half, coated them with olive oil and seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic, dill) and roasted them in the oven.  They were great with a small filet mignon steak, and even better cold the next morning with breakfast.  Waste not, want not!
 

No comments: