Thursday, November 25, 2010

THANKSGIVING

Nov 25 2010 - Drew arrived from Austin last night, late. Traffic was heavy getting out of Texas, and then there was construction on I-35 on the outskirts of OKC. It was a bad day to be traveling by any means, but he got here safely. He brought art and his cat, Petey. They are sleeping in the Oklahoma room. We visited for a while in our room, so we all got to bed very late last night but got to sleep in this morning.

The leaves outside are falling like snowflakes! Yesterday Andy and I spent time raking some leaves off the walkways and Andy cleaned out the gutters. I moved more plants into the house, as we were expecting a hard freeze last night. This morning it was around 30 degrees when we woke up, and will hopefully reach a high temperature of 50 during the day -- so not a warm day. It is supposed to freeze again tonight. I have way too many plants and need to get rid of some, but can't just throw them away -- anyone who wants to give a plant a good home is welcome to some aloe vera plant, or sansivarius (mother-in-law tongue), or that inside climbing vine (I can't think of the name of the plant at this moment)...

Andy is baking a pecan pie for tonight, and I made some pumpkin creme brulee -- a new recipe I just made up. I made a "test" batch yesterday and everyone said it was good, so I'll make some more for dessert tonight. We are having a pork loin for dinner, along with the traditional sides - garlic mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, fruit salad, and cranberry sauce. I am sitting here remembering last Thanksgiving, when Drew brought his friend Tracy for the weekend and my friend Sandi drove up for the weekend. We had a bonfire . . .

1 comment:

JBMalcolm said...

Thanks for the update - sounds like a lovely holiday. All our love to the whole family. Dad & Jane