Monday, November 23, 2009

A NEW SIGN FOR THE B&B IS INSTALLED

We got our rock sign installed on Thursday. It was a major project. A local businessman brought a crane out to the property to get the 2-1/2 ton rock off the delivery truck and set it up on the cement pad Andy had laid. We are both very satisfied with it. Drew's roadrunner logo design looks very good on it!

The temperatures are still pretty moderate -- 45 in the morning, warming up to 60 and a little warmer. This weekend I cut all of the green tomatoes on the plants (there are actually still flowers on the tomato plants!) and plan on making pickled green tomatoes and relish this week. I also gathered seeds from the Cosmos and the marigolds. I am drying some of the marigold flowers to make a garland. I cut some of the still-blooming castor bean flowers and put them in a vase. I was inspired by my friend Jana's visit to bring in some more nature from outdoors. Skeeter loves to walk and run with me around the property, chasing squirrels and rabbits when we can spy one.

We plan on having a bonfire when Drew is here for Thanksgiving, and have been gathering dead wood and piling it up. We are looking forward to a chill in the air without snow yet!

No comments: