Monday, November 16, 2009

FIRST SIGN OF WINTER

November 16, 2009 - Monday
"I woke today to find the frost perched on the ground. It hovered in a frozen sky, and gobbled summer down." - Joni Mitchell

The temperature this morning was 37 degrees as I left for work. This entire week will be overcast and cold according to the forecast. We had rain on Saturday night, and a light drizzle all day on Sunday, which was good for the grounds. Jana brought me some beautiful tulip bulbs that I will get in the ground this afternoon, after work. We had a fire in the fireplace last night and drank hot cocoa. She has a great eye for decor, is very creative, gave me some ideas, and said she will keep her eye out for "treasures" for our rooms. We walked around the grounds and collected some nature for her to take home. It was an inspiring weekend.

We still have rooms available for December (other than Christmas week) !!!

No comments: