Monday, June 20, 2016

FATHER'S DAY

JUNE 19, 2016  Happy Father's Day to all who have experienced the joy of being a father and of having a father in their life. 
We didn't do too much special -- Andy had to get on the road after church to do his "other job".  It was pleasant in the morning, but by the time we got out of church it was hot and humid.  We had a full house all weekend ('tis family reunion season) so after all of that fun we all needed a restful day.  I had full intentions of cleaning out my closet and bureau drawers and putting things in boxes and bags for Goodwill.  I did a little of that, but I started to do laundry and decided to get through that before sorting clothes to give away.  I'm sure you've guessed -- I didn't get much "cleaning" done, but I did pull out a few things.  In between going in and out of the house to change loads of laundry, I read, I wrote in my journal, and caught up on some TV and movies I had recorded.  I watched "A Walk in the Woods" with Robert Redford and Nick Nolte.  It was a sweet movie; I recommend it for a Sunday afternoon respite. 

I made chicken mole and took some to our new pastor, Tracey Ivy, along with some Hawaiian rolls to serve it on, and that's what I had for dinner.  It brought back fond memories; I wrote a short story about it. 

No comments: