Monday, May 2, 2016

First of May

For the past two weekends we've been blessed with visits from old friends and made new friends.  On one of those evenings we were laughing about how I've been called an irritant because I've questioned the status quo in the small town near where we live.  One of my friends commented "Oysters make pearls in response to an irritant," such as a grain of sand or another object, by secreting a substance that in essence covers the irritant. My response was, "Then I guess someday I'll be a pearl".  That moment changed my perspective. Thank you friends for your insight!    

We've had a pretty good spring this year, with no late freezes and sufficient rain.  The gardens began blooming early - that told me it was going to be an early spring. ..... (to be continued)  

No comments: