Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Busy Weekend!

I'm recovering from a busy and fun weekend!
On Saturday we went to the Whirlwind Winery's vineyard in Fay, OK to help with the grape harvest.  The weather was pleasant when we started at 7:00 a.m., just at sunrise, but it warmed up quickly.  There were a few new people who joined us for the harvest.  At 11:30ish we headed to the winery in Watonga where Brad's wife Tanya had laid out a delicious lunch spread (Italian fare, of course). 

After lunch, Brad and the gang began the pressing process. He had plenty of help, so I headed home to get ready for guests at the Retreat.  I made a batch of granola from a recipe given to me by our friend Teri in Tulsa, and boiled some chicken breasts to make chicken salad.  I thought I would take a nap, but ended up working out in the yard, watering the gardens.  The afternoon went by quickly!  Our guests arrived from Frisco, TX and got settled in. I gave them the history of the house and some history about the area.  They had come specifically to hike at Roman Nose State Park.  After breakfast on Sunday morning, they headed out to the park and spent all day there -- they even made it to Inspiration Point. 

No comments: