Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Yesterday's temperature got up to 89 degrees!  It was a gorgeous day.  I worked in the vegetable garden, spreading mulch, and did a little cleaning in the garage, organizing all of my gardening stuff. 

Today is overcast but warm.  I planted some of the seeds I found yesterday, watered the vegetable garden, and harvested some mesclun mix and lettuces for dinner this evening.  I also took photographs of the blooming irises so that I can have a record of where each color is, so that when I thin the beds I'll have some idea of what color I am thinning. 




I met with one of the youth from The Spot yesterday about maintaining some of the garden beds on Main Street.  He is excited about working the beds and really making them pop!  Today we will go to the local nursery, June's Plant Place, and choose some hardy plants for the beds. I'm going to give him some groundcover and some irises for him to put into the beds. 


No comments: