Sunday, November 6, 2011

OH HAPPY DAY

The weather today is gorgeous. I heard from an old friend that brought a smile to my face. I also saw Brad Pitt in "Money Ball" on Saturday while the guys were at the OU/TX A&M game in Norman. So today I'm going to take Skeeter to the park to hike. If I have any energy left after that, I need to rake leaves before the next layer falls. Maintaining the gardens is an on-going effort, but I really enjoy being out there. We never know when we'll get another cold spell and not be able to do outside work. I HATE THE COLD OF WINTER, but not the beauty of the sunsets, the changing tree colors, and the new snow.

PS -- just for the record, early this a.m. I felt a shock wave from an earthquake--on the morning news I heard that the epicenter was about 90 miles away from here. No walls moving or falling objects in the house, but for a minute I felt like the bed was a waterbed. It was really weird. Did anyone else around here feel it?!?

No comments: